- 2 Cups of Pitted Dates
- 1½ Cup of Oats
- 1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Linseeds
- 3 Tablespoons of Smooth Peanut Butter
- Soak the dates in hot water for 30 minutes, drain and blend (I use a Nutri Bullet and blend until everything is broken down, sometimes separating things into 2 or 3 piles so it breaks it down easier).
- Empty the blended Dates into a big bowl.
- Blend the Oats and Seeds together and add to bowl.
- Add the Peanut Butter and, using your hands, mix together until everything is sticking together.
- Roll into small balls, ready to eat or keep in tupperware in the fridge for up to 7 days.
You can always add Coco Powder, or anything else you want to these balls! I’ve left them simple so as to keep them more healthy and flexible.
We use these as a healthy snack to replace sugar and chocolate: I have such a sweet tooth and these do the trick! Anytime I’m feeling like I want chocolate, I’ll snack on these instead!
The Oat balls will store in the fridge for a week, and the recipe above makes about 12, giving you a healthy snack for days.
As you can see they are also Vegan (but not just for Vegans!) so not only are they good for you, they’re great for the world too! Speaking of being good for you: I’ve been having them before bed and I’d swear they’re helping me sleep, perhaps it has something to do with all of the ingredients being considered sleep aids?
Another plus is that kids love them too! My daughter loves them, and anything that you can give to a toddler that they actually want, but is still healthy for them, has to be a win!
Let me know if you make them and what you think of them! I’d love to hear what you do with them and how you change them up!
If they’re ever a bit dry, you can always cut down on the oats or add more peanut butter. Feel the consistency in the bowl and use your judgement.